HOUSTON (FOX 26) - For the first time since 2011, the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo will increase ticket prices for 2017 Rodeo/concerts in NRG Stadium.
The lowest-priced tickets - $18 upper-level tickets, $10 Value Wednesday upper-level tickets, and $16 SRO tickets - will remain unchanged.
With these ticket price increases, RodeoHouston(r) tickets are still well below the national and local averages for comparable concert and sporting event ticket prices.
In the six years since the last ticket price increase, the Show has:
- Improved stadium lighting, video, and sound systems;
- Enlarged the video boards;
- Enhanced the entertainer stage;
- Added more educational exhibits; and
- Increased scholarships and other educational program commitments.
Slightly increasing ticket costs allows the Show to look forward to further improvements and additions in the coming years, and to continue to grow educational programs.