STAFFORD, Texas (FOX 26) - Chef DeeDee Coleman, owner and instructor at Cooking With A Twist in Stafford, shares recipes and recommendations with FOX 26 News contributor Cleverley Stone for Thanksgiving Day meals, including turkey breast, Cajun dressing, cranberry chutney, braised collards and lobster macaroni & cheese.
Lobster Macaroni & Cheese
- 1 ½ cups elbow macaroni, cooked
- 3 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup 2% milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 ½ cups cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of Velveeta cheese
- ½ cup cooked lobster
- Melt butter in a large pot, add flour. Stir until roux forms and add milk.
- Add Velveeta cheese & heavy cream. Once cheese has melted add cooked macaroni and lobster. Season with salt & pepper.
- Place in baking dish and put in oven at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Cover with shredded cheddar cheese and melt in oven for last 2 minutes. Serve.
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 stick plus 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups diced andouille sausage
- 2 cups shrimp
- 32 oz. chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 1 bag corn bread stuffing
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sauté onions, bell pepper & celery in 2 tablespoons of butter in a quart saucepan over medium heat until they start to brown.
- Add sausage and shrimp and continue to sauté until shrimp are cooked.
- Add remaining stick of butter to melt. Once melted add entire carton of chicken broth and remove from heat.
- In a bowl empty bag of stuffing and add creole seasoning & poultry seasoning
- Pour broth mixture over stuffing and mix well.
- Pour dressing into a casserole dish and bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
Southern Style Braised Collard Greens
- 2 pounds collard greens - rinsed, stemmed and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 pounds fresh ham hocks or smoked turkey meat
- 1/2 pound salt pork (optional)
- 3 quarts chicken stock
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt to taste
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- Heat vegetable oil in a medium pot.
- Place ham hocks or smoked turkey, salt pork, onion and red pepper flakes in a large pot and pan sear for 2 minutes. Add chicken stock. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer for an additional 2 minutes.
- Stir collard greens into the pot, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer, and cook for 30 minutes, or until greens are tender. Season with vinegar and season with salt to taste.