HOUSTON (FOX 26) - If you or a loved one may be at risk of suicide, here are resources that can help.
- The Harris Center for Mental Health and IDD: The crisis line provides help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call the crisis line at 713-970-7000 and select Option 1.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: The crisis center provides free and confidential emotional support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to civilians and veterans. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255. Or text to 741-741. Or you can chat with a counselor via Instant Message by clicking here. For crisis support in Spanish, call 1-888-628-9454.
- The deaf and hard of hearing can contact the Lifeline via TTY at 1-800-799-4889.
- Trevor Lifeline: Call 1-866-488-7386 for the TrevorLifeline, a suicide prevention counseling service for the LGBTQ community. Trained counselors are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can also speak with someone over text message or instant message.
- Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741741 to text confidentially with a trained crisis counselor. Counselors are available 24/7.
The Suicide Prevention Lifeline website offers information about risk factors and warning signs, as well as resources to help those in need.
MORE RESOURCES & INFORMATION