Due to weather conditions, some businesses are changing their hours or closing.
This list of business closures will be updated as they are announced.
Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston
The Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston chancery offices are closed for the rest of the day and will remain closed on Tuesday, Sept. 14.
Due to deteriorating weather conditions, ferry operations have been suspended. We will resume operations when it is safe to do so.
Harris County Public Health COVID Testing, Vaccination Sites
Due to the inclement weather from Hurricane Nicholas- all Testing, Vaccination Sites & Health Clinics are closed Tuesday 09/14/2021. Remember to follow @ReadyHarris and stay alert!
Harris Health System outpatient clinics
Harris Health System is closing all of its outpatient clinics at 3 p.m. Monday and will remain closed Tuesday. This includes all primary care and specialty clinic locations, the Ambulatory Surgical Center at Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital, Riverside Dialysis Center and all infusion and radiation therapy services. Clinics will resume regularly scheduled appointments at noon Wednesday. Patients with affected appointments will be contacted to reschedule. For information about Harris Health closures, visit www.harrishealth.org or the Harris Health social media sites of Twitter or Facebook. Lyndon B. Johnson and Ben Taub hospitals and the emergency centers remain open.
The following Houston-area H-E-B stores will close at 8 p.m. on Monday, Sept. 13 and expected to open at 8 a.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 14.
- Bay Colony H-E-B
- Blackhawk H-E-B
- Pearland H-E-B plus!
- Sienna Market H-E-B
- West Columbia H-E-B
- Alvin H-E-B
- Santa Fe H-E-B
- Fairmont Pkwy H-E-B
- Lake Colony H-E-B
- Fry Rd and I-10 H-E-B
- Mason Rd H-E-B
- Gulfgate H-E-B
- Beechnut H-E-B
- Westheimer and Kirkwood H-E-B
- Friendswood H-E-B
- Riverpark H-E-B
- Clear Lake Market H-E-B
- Bellaire Blvd H-E-B
- Grand Parkway H-E-B plus!
- Buffalo Market H-E-B
- Katy Market H-E-B
- Sugar Land Market H-E-B
- Montrose Market H-E-B
- Texas City H-E-B
- Pearland Market
- San Felipe H-E-B
- League City H-E-B
- Lake Jackson H-E-B
- Clear Lake Marketplace H-E-B
- Deer Park H-E-B
- Aliana Market H-E-B
- Richmond Market H-E-B
- Cross Creek Ranch H-E-B
- Bellaire Market H-E-B
- Mont Belvieu H-E-B
- Baytown H-E-B
- Meyerland Market H-E-B
- Spring Green Market H-E-B
- MacGregor Market H-E-B
- Mi Tienda - Mi Tienda 1 will close at 8 p.m. on Monday, Sept. 13.
- Joe V’s Smart Shop - Joe V’s Smart Shop: #5 Baytown, #6 Bellfort, #7 W. Fuqua, #9 Red Bluff/Pasadena will close at 9 p.m. on Monday, Sept. 13.
All other stores regular hours unless listed.
Houston Public Library
Due to severe weather conditions, all Houston Public Library locations will be closed Tuesday, Sept. 14, and will reopen on Wednesday, Sept. 15.
The Houston Zoo will close at noon Monday and remain closed through Tuesday. Guests who have purchased tickets for Monday can trade them for another day. Ticket holders should check their email for details. The zoo says the animals will be cared for by a select group of team members and have safe and secure barns and night houses constructed to weather storms.
Houston Food Bank
Houston Food Bank is monitoring Tropical Storm Nicholas and is canceling evening shifts tonight, Monday, September 13, for both workers and volunteers.
They anticipate closing offices and volunteer shifts for Tuesday, September 14 (Tuesday closure will be confirmed very early in the morning.)
Deliveries to partner sites for tomorrow, Tuesday, September 14, have been canceled as it is being advised for Houstonians to stay off the roads tonight through tomorrow afternoon. We want our drivers to remain safe.
Ride-out teams will be in place at the warehouses during the storm. (These are teams that "ride-out" the storm at the warehouse to make sure there is no flooding or damage and can assist with emergency response.)
Houston Food Bank has been prepping disaster boxes and other supplies, and currently on-hand are:
Disaster Boxes – Approximately 200 pallets
Water – Approximately 200 pallets
MREs – Approximately 300 pallets
Houston Public Library
Due to severe weather conditions, all Houston Public Library locations will be closed Tuesday, Sept. 14, and will reopen on Wednesday, Sept. 15. Please stay safe Houston!
The Houston SPCA Adoption Center will be closed on Monday, September 13, 2021, at 4:30 p.m. through Tuesday, September 14 due to Tropical Storm Nicholas.
Legacy Community Health
To ensure the safety of patients and staff, Legacy Community Health clinics will close for in-person visits at 5:00 PM on Monday, September 13, and will remain closed Tuesday, September 14 due to Tropical Storm Nicholas, which is expected to affect our region. Virtual appointments will be held as usual.
The Legacy Montrose Pharmacy will remain open from 10AM-4PM on Tuesday the 14th, but the Legacy Lyons and Legacy Southwest Pharmacy locations will be closed. Patients with in-person appointments scheduled will be contacted proactively by clinic staff to reschedule their appointments.
At this time, it is expected that Legacy clinics will resume normal operations on Wednesday, September 15. Any changes or specific clinic closures due to further weather issues will be announced on Wednesday by early afternoon.
The list of locations and their hours are updated on the Legacy website at https://www.legacycommunityhealth.org/contact-us/.
As Greater Houston prepares for severe weather conditions related to Hurricane Nicholas, the safety of our patients, visitors and staff remains our top priority. We will provide information regarding important changes to appointments or operations, as necessary. For updates, please visit Memorial Hermann’s Emergency Information website.
- All Memorial Hermann Imaging Centers and Memorial Hermann Sports Medicine & Rehabilitation locations will be closing at 5 p.m. on Monday, Sept. 13. Check back regularly for updates on when these locations plan to re-open.
- Memorial Hermann Urgent Care in Friendswood and Memorial Hermann Urgent Care in Clear Lake closed at 3 p.m. on Monday, Sept. 13. All other Memorial Hermann Urgent Care locations will close at 5 p.m. on Monday, Sept. 13. Check back regularly for updates on when these locations plan to re-open. 24/7 Virtual Urgent Care continues to be available.
- Memorial Hermann COVID-19 vaccine clinics will be closed Tuesday, Sept. 14, and Wednesday, Sept. 15. To receive your vaccine, we ask that you visit a walk-in location once our COVID-19 vaccine clinics reopen on Thursday, Sept. 16. Learn more about Memorial Hermann’s walk-in locations and hours.
METRO and Local Buses
The last trips for METRORail and local bus were at 7 p.m. Monday.
METRO will resume limited service Tuesday morning for local bus, METRORail, METRORapid, and METROLift. Transit services will operate as early as 8 a.m. Tuesday on the Authority's busiest core routes. METRO safety teams will also begin assessing HOV/HOT lanes at daylight to determine which corridors will be safe to open. Service for METRO Park & Ride will not resume Tuesday.
The following services will be restored throughout the day:
- Local Bus (some southeast routes may be abbreviated due to weather)
- METRORail service will resume on the Red Line by late morning. Green and Purple lines will resume service after safety checks have been completed.
- METRORapid Silver Line
- HOV/HOT lanes (This includes managed lanes on the following corridors: IH-45 S, IH-45 N, US-59 N, US-59 S & US 290. Lanes will open after safety checks have been completed.)
- METROLift service will be available beginning at 8 a.m. Due to uncertain road conditions, it is still possible METROLift may not be able to reach certain areas to pick up patrons. Expect some delays as drivers exercise extreme caution. Customers should call 713-225-6716 to schedule trips. Requests will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
Due to isolated areas of wind damage caused by Nicholas, customers should expect some detours and delays on several METRO routes and build in extra time for travel. Patience is appreciated.
Pearland Town Center
The Pearland Town Center will be closing at 4 p.m. Monday. Some restaurants and stores may have varying hours, please call ahead.
Port Houston container terminals ceased ingate operations at 3 p.m. Monday. Due to the continued effects of Hurricane Nicholas and widespread power outages, all Port Houston terminals will remain closed Tuesday. This includes the Turning Basin Terminal, Barbours Cut, and Bayport Container Terminals.
Space Center Houston
Space Center Houston will close at 2 p.m. Monday and will reopen on Wednesday.
City of La Porte
City of La Porte Offices will be closed Tuesday, September 14. This will include garbage and heavy trash collection. Tuesday's garbage will be collected on Wednesday. Heavy Trash collection will resume Wednesday.
City of Sugar Land offices
Due to inclement weather from Tropical Storm Nicholas, city offices will close for normal business at 3 p.m. Monday.
Latest on Hurricane Nicholas