Chef Rob Frias from NAO Ramen House shares with FOX 26 News food segment contributor Cleverley Stone how to prepare the popular Japanese-style noodle soup. He also explains how to make the Japanese dish at home. The restaurant opened for business in the Rice Village district on Dec. 1, 2016.
Ramen is an inexpensive soup that can be prepared at home. It's also a good way to use leftover meat and vegetables.
Chef Rob Frias from NAO Ramen House shares the following recommendations for making a quick ramen at home:
- Make a broth using bouillon cubes per directions on package.
- In a separate pot boil ramen noodles (available at grocery stores) per package directions.
- Add noodles to boullion broth in a large bowl.
- Add cubed turkey, chicken beef, pork or tofu to the broth and noodles.
- (Note: protein should be already cooked before you add it to the broth.)
- Add (cooked) vegetables to the broth.
- Top it off with a hard boiled egg, sliced in half from top to bottom.
- For an authentic touch, marinate the hard boiled egg in soy sauce in advance overnight.
- Remove the shell from the egg before marinating.
- The white of the egg will turn brown while the yolk remains bright yellow.
- Add crumbled bacon on top of broth/noodle/protein combo if desired.
- Serve hot.