HOUSTON (FOX 26) - Severe storms brought in lots of rain, high gusts of wind, and hail across the Houston area on Thursday evening into Friday morning.
Some bayous and creeks went over their banks. Police and fire departments performed several rescues, as vehicles were trapped or submerged on flooded roadways.
Photos from around the Houston area show hail, flooded streets, submerged vehicles and toppled trees.
Stay up to date on the severe weather:
- Houston area getting slammed with severe weather
- Red Cross shelter opens shelters in wake of severe storms, flooding
- School closures & delays
- Houston-area severe weather watches & warnings
- TURN AROUND, DON'T DROWN! List of high-water locations to avoid
- Local fire department has doubled high water rescue equipment
- Working with your insurance after your vehicle floods
- Emergency officials working to minimize flooding ahead of storms