MONTGOMERY, Texas - Authorities say two men were "electrocuted" Thursday, one of whom died, while they were working at Margaritaville Resort on Lake Conroe.
According to Conroe PD, the two were doing electrical work at the resort located in Montgomery, Texas, when they were both electrocuted.
Officials say the scene is safe now, but one of the workers sadly passed away. The second man was taken to the hospital but did not suffer life-threatening injuries.
On Monday, police identified the man who died as 25-year-old Garrett Townes of Cold Springs. The injured man was not identified.
Officials say they have closed the resort from the public to ensure safety. Conroe PD said Friday that Entergy has safety crews at the location and is working to make the resort safe for guests and help explain what occurred.
Conroe PD says it could take several days before the area could be deemed safe for guests.
Conroe PD is leading the investigation into the death, but authorities say nothing appears to be criminal at this point.
Officials with Margaritaville Lake Resort issued the following statement on Thursday offering condolences to the families of the workers involved.
"The team at Margaritaville Lake Resort, Lake Conroe | Houston extends its thoughts and prayers to those involved in [Thursday's] unfortunate accident.
"Shortly after 3 p.m., two contractors of our energy provider were performing electrical work on property when an incident occurred.
"Police, fire, and emergency medical teams immediately responded to the scene. Out of respect for the individuals and their families, any questions should be deferred to the local authorities.
"As a result of the incident, there is currently no power at the resort."