Tomball High School student hospitalized after using dop pen

A Tomball High School student has been hospitalized following a medical episode that stemmed from using a dop pen on campus.

School officials say a staff member immediately recognized the emergency and called 911 as the student became ill. Officials initially thought the student was using a vape pen.

Tomball ISD says an ambulance arrived and the student was transported to a local hospital, where family members were present.

Below is the full statement released by the district: