HOUSTON (FOX 26) - On Wednesday, Derion Vence's attorney filed a motion to withdraw as counsel.
The motion was granted on Thursday, and Presiding Judge DaSean Jones in 180th District Court appointed a new attorney, Dorian C. Cotlar, to represent Vence.
Vence is a suspect in the disappearance of 4-year-old Maleah Davis, who has been missing for over three weeks.
According to court documents, Vence has failed to comply with terms of the employment agreement with his attorney. Payments have not been made.
- This week's rundown of the Maleah Davis case, May 12-18
- Maleah Davis' father, Craig Davis, shares emotional tribute
- Mom of Maleah Davis makes shocking allegations against ex-fiance
- ‘I just want to find my baby’: Mom, grandmother of Maleah Davis speak out
- Car reported stolen in Maleah Davis case found in Missouri City parking lot
- New search locations after conflicting stories from Maleah Davis' stepfather