Your Legal Questions Answered: Payments from divorce & legal recourse for arrest

FOX 26 Senior Legal Analyst Chris Tritico answers viewers' questions.

  1. "During my divorce, the judge entered a judgment that my ex was to pay me $1,000 a month, with payments totaling $32,000. He has paid only $9,000 to date and refuses to pay anymore. I can't afford to take him back to court. What are my rights? How can I make him pay what he owes me? Isn't he breaking the law?"
  2. "I was suspected of shoplifting at Target. I ended up being arrested, not for shoplifting, but for outstanding tickets. Do I have legal recourse, since I wasn't arrested for shoplifting? Target didn't know about my outstanding tickets. Any helpful information would be appreciated."