HOUSTON (FOX 26) - The city is celebrating Independence Day at Freedom Over Texas.
The event featuring live music, food, and fireworks will kick off at 4 p.m. on Buffalo Bayou in Eleanor Tinsley and Sam Houston Parks.
Musical guests include headliner Jake Owen and special guest Kellie Pickler.
The event ends at 10 p.m. and will wrap up with a fireworks show.
Tickets are available online or at the gate for $10.
CLOSED THROUGH FRIDAY, JULY 5 AT 2 P.M.
- Allen Pkwy north and southbound exit ramps from I-45 (South and North Freeways)
- Allen Pkwy outbound at Bagby
- Allen Pkwy inbound at Taft (Note: No access to I-45 S/Heiner/Crosby until 3 p.m. on Friday, July 5)
- Sabine St at Memorial Dr
- Gillette St at W. Dallas St
- Gillette (east curb lane only) between W. Dallas and Allen Pkwy
- Walker access blocked to Allen Pkwy and Sabine St
- I-45 North on-ramp and the loop to McKinney remains open
CLOSED THROUGH FRIDAY, JULY 5 AT 3 P.M.
- Allen Pkwy inbound entrance ramp to I-45 South (taper)
- Crosby St at W. Dallas St
- Heiner St at W. Dallas St
THURSDAY, JULY 4 FROM 8 A.M. TO 11 P.M.
- Bagby northbound at Dallas
- Bagby southbound at McKinney
- Lamar btwn Smith and Bagby
- Note: Relocate message boards to West Dallas at Crosby and Allen Pkwy at Gillette per I-45 S, Crosby and Heiner St closures
THURSDAY, JULY 4 FROM 5 P.M. TO 10:30 P.M.
- Silver St at Memorial Dr
- Sawyer St at Washington Ave
- Allen Pkwy inbound at Waugh
- Allen Pkwy Service Road at Montrose Blvd (access to residents at all times)
THURSDAY, JULY 4 FROM 5:30 P.M. TO 10:30 P.M.
- Memorial Dr inbound at Waugh Dr
- Memorial Dr outbound at Bagby
Thursday, July 4 from 9 p.m. to 10 p.m. (Citgo Fireworks Display)
- Sabine St between Allen Pkwy and Memorial Dr
***The Buffalo Bayou Waterway will be closed on Thursday, July 4 from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. between the Capitol St Bridge and Montrose Blvd / Studemont St.