LA MARQUE, Texas (FOX 26) - Many families still need help in the Hurricane Harvey recovery process. Galveston County Recovers is asking volunteers to help with home assessments over the weekend. The organization will host free assessment training in Dickinson, La Marque, Texas City, League City and Santa Fe.
Training will last thirty minutes and then volunteers will pair up to assess five nearby homes. Training begins at 9 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 25. Anyone interested in the home assessments training can send an email to Joe “Pops” Foley at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.galvestoncountyrecovers.org.
The training sessions will take place at the following locations:
- Dickinson – Holy Trinity Episcopal Church (4613 Highway 3)
- La Marque – St. Michael’s Episcopal Church (1601 Lake Rd.)
- Texas City – St. George’s Episcopal Church (510 13th Ave N.) and St. John’s Methodist Church (8200 25th Ave N.)
- League City – St. Christopher’s Episcopal Church (2508 St. Christopher Ave)
- Santa Fe - Aldersgate United Methodist Church (13217 FM 1764)