HOUSTON - UPDATE: Many Houston Health Department-affiliated COVID-19 testing sites are closed until further notice due to Tropical Storm Beta.The following sites are OPEN Monday, Sept. 21:
- United Memorial Medical Center, 510 W Tidwell Road: Drive-thru | 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. | No appointment required
- Cullen Middle School, 6900 Scott Street: Drive-thru | 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. | No appointment required
- Houston Community College - Southeast Campus, 6815 Rustic, Street: Drive-thru | 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. | No appointment required
- Christia V. Adair Park, 15107 Cullen Blvd: Drive-thru | 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. | Appointment required via txcovidtest.org.
- Ibn Sina North Shepherd Community Clinic, 5012 N Shepherd Drive: Appointment required by calling 832-426-3760.
- Ibn Sina Wilcrest Community Clinic, 11226 S Wilcrest Drive: Appointment required by calling 281-495-7462.
The Houston Health Department and its agency partners are announcing the schedule for sites offering free COVID-19 tests the week of Sept. 21, 2020. The week will offer more than 20 free testing sites across Houston, including four mega sites.
Houston Health Department - CURRENTLY CLOSED DUE TO TS BETA
The Houston Health Department, in partnership with the U. S. Department of Health and Human Services and the State of Texas, will offer testing at the Southwest Multi-Service Center, 6400 High Star Drive. The site has a 1,250 daily test capacity and will open 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
Appointments are available at doineedacovid19test.com. On-site registration is also available.
The department also offers free drive-thru testing at two other mega sites in Houston:
- Delmar Stadium, 2020 Mangum Rd., and
- Butler Stadium, 13755 S. Main St.
Each site will open Monday to Saturday from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. or until reaching daily capacity of 650 tests.
People wanting to get tested at Delmar Stadium can call the department’s COVID-19 Call Center at 832-393-4220 between 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. to receive an access code. Butler Stadium doesn’t require an access code, commonly referred to as an appointment.
The department will also offer testing at two other multi-service centers and a site co-sponsored with a group of Central American consulates. The sites don’t require appointments and open on various days of the week from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. or until reaching daily capacity of 250 tests:
- Kashmere Multi-Service Center, 4802 Lockwood, drive thru and walk up, Sept. 22-24
- Sunnyside Multi-Service Center, 9314 Cullen Blvd., walk up only, Sept. 24-26, and
consulates of Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador, 6300 Richmond, drive thru, Sept. 26-27.
The department will set up a testing at the Multicultural Center, 951 Tristar Drive, City of Webster, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sept. 22-26. Appointments are available by calling the department’s call center at 832-393-4220.
Texas Division of Emergency Management
Texas Division of Emergency Management (TDEM) and the Houston Astros offer free COVID-19 tests daily at Minute Maid Park (Lot C), 2208 Preston. The testing site’s capacity is 2,000 tests per day.
The site features evening hours twice a week, eight drive-thru testing lanes and four walk-up testing lanes. It opens 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday through Tuesday and from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday. Spanish-speaking staff is available on-site.
Visit texas.curativeinc.com to set an appointment or obtain more information. On-site registration is also available.
TDEM and the department will also operate six drive-thru testing sites on weekdays at:
- Christia V. Adair Park, 15107 Cullen Blvd.,
- LeRoy Crump Stadium, 12321 High Star Drive,
- HCC - Northeast Campus, 555 Community College Drive,
- HCC - South Campus, 1990 Airport Blvd.,
- Northeast Multi-Service Center, 9720 Spaulding, and
- Sunnyside Multi-Service Center, 9314 Cullen Blvd.
Sites that also open on Saturday are HCC - Northeast and HCC - South Campus. TDEM sites require appointments, available by visiting txcovidtest.org.
United Memorial Medical Center
United Memorial Medical Center (UMMC) will offer weekday testing at drive-thru test sites at:
- Plaza Americas Mall, 7500 Bellaire Blvd.,
- Houston Community College-Southeast, 6815 Rustic,
- UMMC Tidwell, 510 W. Tidwell Rd.,
- Forest Brook Middle School, 7525 Tidwell Rd., and
- Cullen Middle School, 6900 Scott St.
The sites don’t require appointments and offer testing from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. or until reaching daily capacity of 250 tests.
People needing information about UMMC test sites can call 1-866-333-COVID or visit ummcscreening.com.
Ibn Sina Foundation
The Iba Sina Foundation offers free tests with rapid results at two of its clinics, 5012 N. Shepherd Dr. and 11226 S. Wilcrest Dr.
Appointments for the Shepherd location are available by calling 832-426-3760 and appointments for the Wilcrest location are available at 281-495-7462.
Federally Qualified Health Centers
The health department is providing test kits, lab access and equipment to local Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHC) so they can expand their COVID-19 testing capacity. The centers and phone numbers people can call to set up testing appointments are:
- HOPE Clinic, 713-773-0803
- Spring Branch Community Health Center, 713-462-6565
- El Centro de Corazon, 713-660-1880
- Avenue 360 Health and Wellness, 713-426-0027
- Lone Star Circle of Care at the University of Houston, 346-348-1200, and
- Scarsdale Family Health Center, 281-824-1480.
FQHC patients pay what they can afford, based on income and family size, and are not denied services due to inability to pay or lack of insurance.
The department and its agency partners may shift locations and schedules of test sites to better meet community needs. Houstonians can visit HoustonEmergency.org/covid19 for current Houston testing sites and information about stopping the spread of the virus.
Information obtained through testing, treatment, or services will not be used against immigrants in their public charge evaluation.