Your Legal Questions Answered: License plates & petition to claim funds

FOX 26 Senior Legal Analyst Chris Tritico answers viewers' questions.

  1. I recently bought a used truck from a local dealership. It has been six weeks and I still have not received my license plates. My temporary tag has expired. They did give me a new 30-day tag. What recourse do I have to get my actual plates. I keep getting the run-around?
  2. I received a notice of excess funds, related to my deceased parents' property. I'm not sure how to file a petition to claim the funds. Where do I get a petition? Do I need an attorney? My sister was living on the property and lost it to back taxes. Would Polk County notify her and our other siblings? I want to do what is right and make sure everyone is fairly treated.