Your Legal Questions Answered: Insurance claim & accessing property

FOX 26 Senior Legal Analyst Chris Tritico answers viewers' questions.

  1. "My homeowners' association hired a contractor to do siding and painting on my condo and the others around me. However, when they spray painted my garage trim, it caused my garage door to buckle at the top. My HOA advised that I needed to contact the contractor, and they would make an insurance claim. I have gotten no response. Should I hire an attorney?"
  2. "What do I do? My property is land-locked, along with four other properties. The only way to get to my property is through a neighbor's land, who is not cooperating. I don't believe that my property was ever unified with the neighbor's property. Can I still file for easement by necessity?"