Image 1 of 6
HOUSTON (FOX 26) - Potato Latkes
Francis Reznick, Rustika Cafe and Bakery owner
- 3 cups of shredded Idaho potatoes
- 1/4 cup of grated onions
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Rustika Cafe and Bakery special seasoning or your choice of savory seasonings (1 teaspoon of salt can be used as an alternative)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup of matzo meal, as needed
- Oil for frying
Preparation and cooking
- Shred potatoes and grate onions.
- Crack two eggs and beat until mixed well.
- Mix all ingredients, add in Rustika Cafe and Bakery special seasoning and matzo meal.
- Heat a frying pan with oil.
- Scoop tablespoon portions into a frying pan and fry for 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown, then flip and repeat.
- Enjoy with a dollop of sour cream and apple sauce!