HOUSTON (FOX 26) - An overpass in southwest Arkansas may soon be named after Maleah Davis.
The 4-year-old's remains were found on the side of a highway in Arkansas on May 31. Hempstead County officials are now working to rename a nearby overpass in her honor.
The sheriff says the new signs won't cost the county anything, thanks to donations.
If approved, the signs will read "Maleah Davis Memorial Bridge".
- Maleah Davis' father, Craig Davis, shares emotional tribute
- Mom of Maleah Davis makes shocking allegations against ex-fiance
- ‘I just want to find my baby’: Mom, grandmother of Maleah Davis speak out
- Car reported stolen in Maleah Davis case found in Missouri City parking lot
- New search locations after conflicting stories from Maleah Davis' stepfather