Hand sanitizer, cigarette sparked Rockville Pike car blaze, officials say
ROCKVILLE, Md. - A hand-sanitizer mishap sparked huge flames and billowing smoke from a car on Thursday in Rockville.
READ MORE: Maryland lawnmower driver caught on camera waiting in line for gas
SkyFox was over the Federal Plaza Shopping Center today as crews worked to put out the fire.
READ MORE: Rockville High School grad worked on Mars helicopter flight
Officials in Montgomery County say a driver was using hand sanitizer while smoking a cigarette.
Download the FOX 5 DC News App for Local Breaking News and Weather
They say this is a bad idea, especially in an unventilated place like a car.
The driver suffered minor burns.