HOUSTON (FOX 26) - Friday, June 21, 2019 - Festival Site
- McKinney from Bagby to Louisiana (all lanes) at 7 p.m. (Leaving Smith open for South Bound Traffic until 12:00 noon on June 22)
- Walker from Bagby to Smith (all lanes) at 7 p.m.
- Bagby east curb lane from McKinney to Walker at 7 p.m.
Saturday, June 22, 2019 – Additional Festival Closures
- Smith from Walker to McKinney (West Curb Lane) from 9 a.m. to noon
- Smith from Rusk to Lamar (All Lanes) from noon to Midnight
- Smith from Lamar to Dallas (two east curb lanes) from noon to 6 p.m.
- Smith from Lamar to Dallas (all lanes) from 6 p.m. to Midnight
- Bagby from Walker to Lamar (all lanes) at 6 a.m. (re-opens on Sunday, June 23 at 2 a.m.)
- McKinney Exit Ramp at 45N at 6 a.m. (re-opens on Sunday, June 23 at 2 a.m.)
Saturday, June 22, 2019 - Pride Parade Staging and Route
- Outbound Allen Parkway from Bagby to Montrose (all lanes) 10 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- Inbound Allen Parkway from Taft to Bagby/Dallas (all lanes) 5:45 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- Bagby from Rusk to Dallas (all lanes) 7 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- Walker from Bagby to Milam (all lanes @ Clay) 7 p.m.
- Milam from Walker to Pease (all lanes @ Rusk) 7 p.m.
- Pease from Milam to Smith (all lanes @ Travis) for disbanding from 7:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
Safety & Security
The Houston Health Department recommends that residents take the following steps to keep themselves cool:
- Increase water consumption.
- Wear light-colored, loose fitting clothing that permits the evaporation of perspiration.
- Do not leave children, senior citizens or pets unattended in a vehicle.
- A wide-brimmed hat helps prevent sunburn as well as heat-related illness. Sunscreen also protects from the sun's harmful rays and reduces the risk of sunburn.
- Seek accommodations in air-conditioned facilities during the heat of the day: malls, movie theaters, libraries, multi-service centers, etc.
Visit https://pridehouston.org/ for event details, a complete parade route, and parking options.