Image 1 of 2
- 8 oz. filet of Gulf snapper
- 1 tablespoon of chopped Shallots
- 2 oz of tomato chopped
- ½ cup of white wine
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 2 oz. of jumbo lump crabmeat
- 1 teaspoon of chopped scallion
- Fried leek used for garnish
- 1 teaspoon of Old Bay Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Half a lemon (to taste)
- Flour (to coat the leeks)
- Season the Snapper with salt and pepper, and seasoning
- In a large skillet over high heat, heat up the olive oil and sauté the snapper for 2 minutes on each side and then set aside.
- In the same pan sauté the shallots for 2 minutes or until they are translucent.
- Add white wine and let it reduce by 1/3.
- Add tomatoes and scallions and butter.
- Put fish back in the pan for 1-2 minutes until it is cooked through and add the crabmeat to the sauce.
- Put the fish on plate and pour the sauce over the top and garnish with fresh squeeze lemon juice and fried leeks.
How to make fried leeks
- Julienne the white top part of the leek
- Toss in flour
- Deep fry until crispy
Amerigo's Grille - http://www.amerigos.com/