STAFFORD, Texas (FOX 26) - Chef DeeDee Coleman, owner Cooking with a Twist in Stafford, demonstrates how to prepare some easy last minute Thanksgiving dishes with help from FOX 26 News segment contributor Cleverley Stone. The recipes below will allow you to purchase the ingredients on Thanksgiving Day (since some grocery stores are open), make it and take it with you to a dinner or to serve at home.
- 1 package Yellow Seasonings Long Grain Rice (it comes in a tube-like bag)
- 14 ounce can Mexicorn
- 45 ounces Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook rice as directed on the package.
- Place cooked rice, butter, Mexicorn, cream of mushroom soup & 1 cup of cheese in a bowl and mix together.
- Place mixture in a baking dish and bake on 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Remove and add 1 cup of shredded cheese on top of casserole and place back in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes & enjoy.
- 1 can of whole cranberry sauce
- ½ can crushed pineapple
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 jalapeno diced
- ¼ cup green onion diced
- Place the first four ingredients in a small pan and cook on medium heat for five minutes.
- Remove and add the jalapeno & green onion.
- Chill for 10 minutes & enjoy.
Bourbon pecan sauce topping for pies (This sauce is a perfect topping for store bought sweet potato pie, pumpkin pie and ice cream)
- 2 cups pecans
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup of bourbon
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add pecans to food processor and pulse until they are small crumbs.
- Place the brown sugar, butter, bourbon, corn syrup, and vanilla extract in a sauce pan over medium heat. Whisk mixture until sugar dissolves and bring to boil. Let bubble just for a minute to thicken.
- Remove pan from heat and let cool completely to room temperature.
- Pour on top of your favorite pie and enjoy!