Back to school often times means back to the struggle of getting kids to eat healthy foods to fuel their brains.
Krystal Hammett, founder of Alternative Wellness Solutions, shared some suggestions.
- Organic cereal with almond milk
- Blueberry muffins with hidden vegetables in them like zucchini and carrots
- Homemade egg cups with spinach, bell pepper and turkey bacon
- Protein sources: Turkey and cheese wraps, chicken salad and gluten-free crackers, sliced chicken breast
- Fruit: Strawberries, clementine, apple with almond butter
- Veggies: Cucumber and hummus, celery with healthy ranch or almond butter, carrots with ranch
- Gluten-free granola bars
- Organic yogurt packs
- SkinnyPop popcorn
Hammett also suggests parents choose whole foods, buy organic, and limit processed sugar.