ROSHARON, Texas (FOX 26) - Texas EquuSearch is searching the woods along the mail route that Derion Vence once drove in Rosharon for any clues into the disappearance of 4-year-old Maleah Davis.
Texas EquuSearch founder Tim Miller says he confirmed with Maleah’s mother that Vence did at one time say that if he were ever to hide a body, he would hide it in Rosharon.
“If I ever killed somebody, I’ve got some places down in Rosharon. They’d never find the body.”— Ivory Hecker FOX 26 (@IvoryHecker) May 15, 2019
Derion Vence talked about Rosharon a year ago, says Tim Miller, founder of Texas Equusearch. #WhereisMaleah pic.twitter.com/t8XDlTQTMH
A representative for USPS confirms Vence was an employed carrier from June 2017 to August 2018.
Vence, the ex-fiance of Maleah's mother, is charged with tampering with evidence, specifically a human corpse. He is being held on a $45,000 bond.
Texas EquuSearch spent the day on Tuesday searching another area of Rosharon around a haunted house business. Sheriff’s officials said a neighbor called investigators to report an odd smell, but turns out, the scent came from a dead animal.
Anyone with information that might help solve the case of Maleah’s disappearance is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS. You can leave an anonymous tip.
- Prosecutor: Dogs detected decomposition in Maleah Davis case
- Volunteers expand search for missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis
- Mom of Maleah Davis makes shocking allegations against ex-fiance
- ‘I just want to find my baby’: Mom, grandmother of Maleah Davis speak out
- Car reported stolen in Maleah Davis case found in Missouri City parking lot
- New search locations after conflicting stories from Maleah Davis' stepfather