HOUSTON (FOX 26) - Texas EquuSearch has suspended the search for 4-year-old Maleah Davis.
The organization released a statement saying they've been working "around the clock" to find the missing girl.
"We have followed up on dozens and dozens of tips and leads, but none have been found to be helpful in leading us in the right area to find Maleah," the statement said.
The organization says the suspension is temporary until they obtain more information.
Read the full statement below:
Texas EquuSearch has put forth a tremendous amount of effort in the search to find little 4 year-old Maleah Davis. We have been working hand-in-hand with law enforcement investigators, and followed-up on a multitude of tips & leads. We have been basically working around the clock in order to find Maleah. We have followed-up on dozens and dozens of tips & leads, but none have been found to be helpful in leading us in the right area to find Maleah. We will now be temporarily suspending the search for Maleah, but we will continue to work closely with investigators, and follow-up on credible tips & leads. Again this is a temporary suspension, until we can obtain more information that will put us in the right area to find Maleah. We want to thank all of the many hard-working investigators on the case, and our volunteer searchers that have worked so hard to find Maleah.
- Prosecutor: Dogs detected decomposition in Maleah Davis case
- Volunteers expand search for missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis
- Mom of Maleah Davis makes shocking allegations against ex-fiance
- ‘I just want to find my baby’: Mom, grandmother of Maleah Davis speak out
- Car reported stolen in Maleah Davis case found in Missouri City parking lot
- New search locations after conflicting stories from Maleah Davis' stepfather