HOUSTON (FOX 26) - With more than a dozen museums in Houston, you can dive into a world of art, history, science and culture without ever leaving the city.
You don’t have to break the bank to see them all.
Some museums in Houston offer free admission on certain days of the week.
Check out the schedule below.
- Exhibitions in Fayez Sarofim Grand Hall at Asia Society Texas Center
- Contemporary Arts Museum Houston
- Houston Center for Contemporary Craft
- Houston Center for Photography
- Houston Museum of African American Culture
- The Jung Center
- Lawndale Art Center
- The Menil Collection
- Moody Center for the Arts
- Rothko Chapel
- Buffalo Soldier Museum - Every Thursday 1 p.m. - 5 p.m.
- Children’s Museum of Houston - Every Thursday 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- The Health Museum - Thursday 2 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Holocaust Museum Houston - Every Thursday 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Houston Museum of African American Culture - Thursday 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Permanent exhibit halls at Houston Museum of Natural Science - Thursday 6 p.m. to closing (hours subject to change seasonally)
- Museum of Fine Arts Houston - Free general admission all day Thursday
ONCE A MONTH
- Czech Center Museum Houston - last Monday of the month
- The Houston Zoo has free afternoons once a month, except during the summer. Check the schedule here. Visitors need a free ticket for admission.