HOUSTON (FOX 26) - It's a crowded ticket for the special election for Texas House District 145
Carol Alvarado was the State Representative for this district, but she recently was voted to the Texas Senate filling Sylvia Garcia's seat.
Governor Greg Abbott called for a special election date of Jan. 29
There are 8 candidates running, 6 Democrats, 1 Republican and 1 Libertarian. they are:
- Clayton Hunt (L)
- Martha Elena Fierro (R)
- Elias De La Garza (D)
- Melissa Noriega (D)
- Ruben Dario Gonsalez (D)
- Oscar Del Toro (D)
- Alfred Moreno (D)
- Christina Morales (D)
Early voting continues this week through Friday, January 25, 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM each day.
There are 5 early voting locations in the district:
- Harris County Law Library, 1019 Congress Ave.
- Moody Park Community Center, 3725 Fulton St.
- Ripley House Neighborhood Center, 4410 Navigation Blvd
- Houston Community College's Southeast College Parking Garage, 6960 Rustic St.
- Harris County Scarsdale Annex, 10851 Scarsdale Blvd.