"The lightning made a big sound and it was thundering and mom was asleep and so I got some lighters and was turning them on by battery and after I turned the lighters on I started smelling some smoke and I knew I hadn't lit nothing", says Chambers.
Houston Fire Department officials say power lines and a tree hitting the home were the cause of the fire that hit the home in the 300 block of Cartersville.
"It appears that a tree had blown over on a power line shorting out somewhere along the lines and created a fire in the attic", says captain Anthony Riggens.
Inside the room that was hit by the tree, was Rachelle Chambers 94 year old grandmother.
"Grandma was in her room asleep which is right where the tree landed because it hit the power line and landed on the house and that still didn't wake grandma up", says Rachelle Chambers.
"Whenever storms blow threw we get busier with lightening strikes and power outages, that is why Center Point is taking a little while, I'm sure they are real busy with it", says Riggens.