COLLEGE STATION, Texas (FOX 26) - College Station police say a 23-year-old Texas A&M student who'd been sick has died at his residence.
Lt. Steve Brock on Monday said there were no obvious signs of foul play in the death of Andrew Sutter of Portland. An autopsy was ordered.
College Station Police Department officers and emergency personnel arrived on Sunday night in response to a report of a man not breathing. Lt. Brock says the investigation revealed that Sutter had an unspecified medical condition, was ill for three days and had taken a nap on Sunday afternoon in the living room of his residence on Fraternity Row near Deacon Drive. Sutter's roommate later found him unresponsive. The residence is not classified as a fraternity house.
It's the third A&M student death this year.
Sigma Phi Epsilon member Matthew Hayes was found dead Dec. 6 at his fraternity house. Autopsy results haven't been released.
Sigma Nu member Anton Gridnev in August died of an accidental drug overdose.
The College Station Police Department Criminal Investigation Division has taken over the case. Anyone with information regarding the incident is encouraged to contact the CSPD by phone at 979-764-3600.