Ex-wife of killing spree suspect 'grateful to be alive'

- The ex-wife of the man suspected of six recent killings in metro Phoenix, the ex-wife's divorce attorney and the ex-wife's current husband held a news conference Tuesday afternoon in Flagstaff.

None have previously spoken publicly about the case involving 56-year-old Dwight Lamon Jones, who authorities say killed himself as police closed in on him June at an extended-stay residence in Scottsdale.

For years, Jones said she lived with the constant fear that at any moment, her ex-husband would try to kill her.

"I really have been on high alert for the last nine years," said Jones. "I expected that he would target me. I knew that one day, we would be in a situation where he was trying to kill me, and I felt that I had a personal terrorist."

Jones' current husband is Rick Anglin, a former police detective who reportedly first linked the killings to his wife's former husband. Anglin said the family took elaborate safety precautions.

"We had three safe houses, countless rental cars," said Anglin.

Dwight Jones' death brought Connie Jones sadness and relief.

"His death, I think is the best thing that's come out of this whole ordeal," said Jones. "I hope that where he's going, he'll finally get what he deserves."

In all, victims of Dwight Jones' killing spree included a forensic psychiatrist, two paralegals at a law firm, a counselor and a Fountain Hills couple.

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

More from FOX 26 Houston