HOUSTON (FOX 26) - A quick-moving storm system prompted warnings for tornadoes and flash floods in southeast Texas early on Wednesday morning.
The weather conditions caused METRO to suspend or limit service for the METRORail Green Line, Red Line and Purple Line. METRO later restored service to those lines, but all METRO high occupancy vehicle lanes were closed on Wednesday morning.
Flood warnings are in effect for Keegans Bayou at Roark Road and Brays Bayou at Rice Avenue.
- Annunciation Orthodox School - closed
- Fort Bend ISD - two hour delayed start time
- Head Start locations - closed
- Houston Community College campuses - delayed start at 12 p.m. Wednesday
- Pilgrim Lutheran - delayed start at 10 a.m.
- Presbyterian School - delayed start at 10 a.m.
- Promise Community Schools - closed
- Sheltering Arms Senior Service Dementia Day Center - closed
- St. Mark's Episcopal School - delayed start at 10 a.m. Wednesday
- St. Stephen's Episcopal School - closed
- St. Thomas High School - delayed start at 9:50 a.m.
- Saint Thomas Episcopal School - delayed start at 9:45 a.m.
- Texas Southern University - delayed start at 10 a.m.
- Texas Women's University - delayed start at 12 p.m.
For a list of roads closed because of high water levels, visit https://traffic.houstontranstar.org/roadclosures/#highwater.