TOMBALL, Texas - A Tomball High School student has been hospitalized following a medical episode that stemmed from using a dop pen on campus.
School officials say a staff member immediately recognized the emergency and called 911 as the student became ill. Officials initially thought the student was using a vape pen.
Tomball ISD says an ambulance arrived and the student was transported to a local hospital, where family members were present.
Below is the full statement released by the district:
"Tomball ISD can confirm a student at Tomball High School experienced a medical emergency during an after school activity involving a vape pen. A staff member immediately recognized the emergency, assisted with the incident as the student became ill and called 911 immediately. An ambulance arrived and the student was transported to a local hospital where family members were present. We have no new details on the student's health at this time. In Tomball ISD, educational resources have been put in place and the district will continue its efforts to educate students and parents on the negative effects of vaping."