SUGAR LAND, Texas (FOX 26) - Mystic Dessert Bar is a fun, whimsical ice cream, dessert, candy, coffee and chocolate café. The Sugar Land establishment opened at end of March 2016 and is attracting customers who appreciate sweet treats.
White chocolate croissant bread pudding with fresh raspberries
- 2 cups half & half
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 7 egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 1/3 cup White Chocolate chips
- 6 large croissants
- Grease a 9 X 13 pan. Tear the croissants into pieces and toss into the greased pan.
- Bring heavy cream and half & half to a light boil. Whisk in white chocolate until melted, stirring constantly. Pour into heatproof pitcher.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, beat (with whisk) sugar, eggs and vanilla until creamy. Slowly add the boiled creams, whisking constantly.
- Pour mixture over bread to cover. Wait a few minutes for bread to absorb mixture. Add more to cover and put dish on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. During last 10 minutes, remove from oven, top with some white chocolate chips and continue baking until set.
- Top with raspberries.