SUGAR LAND, Texas (FOX 26) - Mystic Dessert Bar is a fun, whimsical ice cream, dessert, candy, coffee and chocolate café. The Sugar Land establishment opened at end of March 2016 and is attracting customers who appreciate sweet treats.
Spinach & Mushroom Quiche
- 2 store bought pie crusts or homemade
- 2 cups half and half cream
- 8 whole eggs
- 1 tsp dried tarragon
- 1/2 tbl dry( flour) mustard
- 1/2 tbl dried basil
- 3/4 tsp crushed black pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tbl frank's red hot or tabasco
- 20 ounces frozen spinach thawed and drained (2 boxes)
- 24 ounces medium sliced mushrooms sauteed
- 12 ounces swiss cheese grated
- 1 ea yellow onion diced and sauteed
PREPARE CUSTARD FIRST: In LARGE PITCHER OR BOWL, combine seasonings, half and half, eggs, and hot sauce, whisking well. Precook pie shell for approximately 10 minutes at 350. Let cool slightly and sprinkle lightly with Swiss cheese to act as a moisture barrier.
Arrange filling (and Swiss cheese) in shells first then add liquid to shells making sure shells are full and even. Sprinkle quiche with remaining cheese and Bake at 350 degrees until set and lightly browned, about 30-35 minutes in oven until lightly browned and set. Can be made ahead and frozen. Thaw in refrigerator. Makes 2 quiches.