HOUSTON (FOX 26) - Houston Astros owner Jim Crane has created Potente, a sophisticated and upscale Italian restaurant across the street from Minute Maid Park in downtown Houston. Potente is only open for dinner service. Chef Micah Rideout demonstrates to FOX 26 News food segment contributor Cleverley Stone how he prepares fresh homemade Caesar salad dressing. Potente managing partner Bill Floyd reveals who the restaurant is named for and presents the establishment's unique light-up menus.
Caesar Salad dressing
- 2 heads baby gem lettuce, washed and cut in half (Or use your choice of lettuce.)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, freshly grated
- 2 anchovy filets in oil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped
- Whisk all ingredients, except the lettuce, together until well combined.
- Squeeze/sprinkle lemon juice over arranged lettuce halves, cut side up on the plate.
- Drizzle Caesar dressing over the lettuce.
- Grate parmesan cheese over it all and serve.
- (Optional) Very lightly drizzle it all with a good olive oil, if desired.