HOUSTON (FOX 26) - What could be more romantic than making a sumptuous meal at home for your Valentine? But you don't cook, you say? Not to worry. Food talk radio show host Cleverley Stone visits acclaimed French chef Alain LeNotre at Culinary Institute LeNôtre® as he demonstrates how to prepare steak, salad and a special Valentine's Day treat for dessert.
Spice-rubbed seared tuna with baby field greens and white balsamic herbs vinaigrette (four servings)
Culinary Institute LeNôtre®
- 2 ounces assorted washed baby field (frizee, red oak, bibb, arugula)
- 12 ounces sushi grade tuna loin.
- 2 ounces light olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 ounce white balsamic vinegar
- 4 ounces light olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fine chopped chervil
- 1 teaspoon fine chopped chives
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Place mustard and vinegar in a small bowl.
- Add olive oil slowly whisking slowly until all oil is incorporated.
- Add chopped herbs and salt and pepper to taste.
Tuna rub ingredients:
- 1 ½ tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 teaspoon paprika
Mix all the spices together.
- Rub tuna loin with spice mix.
- Heat up the olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium high heat and sear tuna quickly on all side. (5-to-8 seconds on each side).
Toss mixed greens with dressing. Slice the sear tuna. Arrange on the plate and serve immediately.