HOUSTON (FOX 26) - Sautéed Brussels sprouts with prosciutto and sun-dried cranberries
Chef Peter Laufer, Royal Sonesta Hotel
- 1 pound fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 ounces paper-thin slices prosciutto, coarsely chopped
- 1cup dried cranberries
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup low-salt chicken broth
- Partially cook the Brussels sprouts in a large pot of boiling salted water, about 4 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add the prosciutto and saute until beginning to get crisp, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and saute until pale golden, about 2 minutes.
- Add the Brussels sprouts and dried cranberries to the same skillet and saute until heated through and beginning to brown, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add the broth and simmer until the broth reduces just enough to coat the Brussels sprouts, about 3 minutes. Serve.