HOUSTON (FOX 26) - Eight Row Flint is described as an ice house that serves whiskey, beer and tacos. Customers are constantly asking co-owners Morgan Weber and Ryan Pera what the name means, which they reveal on FOX 26 Morning News. Located in a former Citgo fuel station in the Houston Heights, the cocktails and food there are getting rave reviews from critics and diners alike. Weber demonstrates some of his cocktails and culinary director Vincent Huynh shares his food ideas with us.
Eight Row Margarita
- 1.5 oz Agavales 110 (overproof tequila)
- .75 oz Pierre Ferand Dry Curaçao
- 1 oz fresh lime
- .5 oz Lime Oleo Saccherrum or rich simple syrup (2:1,sugar to water ratio) Splash of pasteurized egg whites
- Combine ingredients in a cocktail shaker full of ice.
- Shake until well chilled.
- Strain into rocks glass full of ice.
- Garnish with lime wheel.
Eight Row Old Fashioned
- 2 oz 100 proof bourbon (such as Very Ol Barton Bonded)
- 2 Dashes Angostura Bitters
- Scant .25 oz Rich Piloncillo Syrup (2:1 Piloncillo or Turbinado Sugar)
- Combine ingredients in a mixing glass full of ice.
- Stir until well-chilled.
- Strain into rocks glass full of fresh ice.
- Garnish with a wide lemon peel, wide orange peel, and two Luxardo maraschino cherries.