HOUSTON (FOX 26) - What could be more romantic than making a sumptuous meal at home for your Valentine? But you don't cook you say? Not to worry. Acclaimed French chef Alain LeNotre shows food talk radio show host Cleverley Stone how to prepare macarons for Valentine's Day at Culinary Institute LeNôtre® in north Houston.
Culinary Institute LeNôtre®
Ingredients for the cookie
- 90 grams almond powder
- 155 grams powdered sugar
- 85 grams granulated sugar
- 45 grams egg whites
- 7 grams brown sugar
- Your choice of food coloring (color can also be eliminated)
Ingredients for the ganache chocolate filling
- 250 grams of black chocolate (70%)
- 125 grams Heavy Cream
- 25 grams of butter
- For cookies: mix ingredients together, except the almond powder and the powdered sugar. After the the remaining ingredients at blended together, mix in the remaining two ingredients. Mix well.
- Put mixture into a piping bag and pipe out small cookies onto a parchment paper line baking sheet.
- Bake at 250 degrees Fahrenheit for 6 minutes or until cookies are dry but not burned.
For chocolate ganache filling, mix the three ingredients in a sauce pan, warming until the chocolate is melted. Spread some ganache on one cookie. Put another cookie on top to make a sandwich.