FOX 26 News anchor Jose Grinan, never one to enjoy ordinary cuisine, shares his version of a traditional potato salad with some unexpected additional ingredients.
- 4 to 6 Potatoes
- 4 eggs
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon Garlic Salt
- ½ cup Chopped Bell Pepper
- ½ cup Chopped Onions
- ½ cup Chopped Celery
- ½ cup Sweet Pickle Relish
- Ground Black Pepper to your taste
- 1-2 tablespoons of Prepared Mustard
- ¼ cup Mayonnaise
- Place potatoes in a large pot of boiling salted water. Peel, if you like, first.
- Boil until tender, but firm. Then, drain, cool and chop ‘em up.
- The eggs can be boiled separately in a saucepan. After about 10-12 minutes, remove from water, cool, and peel and chop if you want to include in the mixture. Or, you can slice them to top the salad.
- In a large bowl combine all of the ingredients and mix together well.
- Refrigerate until chilled. Then serve.
Jose's special ingredients
- ¼ cup Capers
- 1 can Squid in its own ink.
- (truffle salt if you can find it)
Now mix in these ingredients in to the traditional potato salad…and there’s a new taste to try.