HOUSTON (FOX 26) - Easter brunch egg casserole with puff pastry
Chef Lee White, D-Leecious Bites
- 1 pkg Pepperidge Farm puff pastry sheets
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1 lb freshly-shredded jack cheese
- 1 red onion, diced
- Dijon mustard
- salt and cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Thaw puff pastry to room temperature. Lightly butter a cookie sheet. Brown onions in butter, add whisked eggs and scramble eggs over medium heat.
- Place one sheet of puff pastry on a cookie sheet and brush with the Dijon Mustard. Spread cooked eggs and add whatever ADDITIONAL meats and veggies you would like and top with cheese. Add salt and cracked pepper to taste.
- Place the other puff pastry sheet on top and DO NOT CRIMP SIDES.
- Place in oven and bake for 20-30 minutes until puffed and golden brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes and cut into squares. Serve with your favorite hot sauce and fresh fruit.