HOUSTON (FOX 26) - Sidney Degaine, Cafe Azur chef and owner, shares recommendations for preparing crepe Suzette with FOX 26 News food segment contributor Cleverley Stone. This sweet French dish can be served as a special breakfast treat or a divine dessert.
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups of whole milk
- 1 cup flour
- After blending the eggs, milk and flour together, rest in the fridge for 1 hour.
- In a flat pan with butter, add your batter and begin to make your crepe.
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 orange zest
- 1 cup of orange juice
- 1 shot of Grand Marnier
- Caramelize butter and sugar until it turns brown. Let orange juice and orange zest reduce for two minutes.
- Flambé with a shot of Grand Marnier and let the crepes cook inside the sauce for one minute.
- Plate and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.