HOUSTON (FOX 26) - Opened in November 2015, Scrappy Brown’s is a neighborhood-friendly gastro pub serving the Houston Museum District and Texas Medical Center. Comfort food and craft cocktails with a Texas twist are served in a relaxed laid-back atmosphere. Guests can watch their favorite sports teams while enjoying dishes like gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches, burgers, homemade potato chips and more. Fans of Lucille's restaurant and its owner/chef Chris Williams, will want to visit Scrappy Brown’s, his second restaurant in Houston.
Oxtail Philly Cheesesteak
- 5 lbs of Oxtails
- 1c Celery
- 1c Carrots
- 1c Yellow Onions
- 1/4 Fresh Garlic
- 2c Red Wine
- 2c Water
- In a large saute pan, combine all vegetables with 2 tablespoons of butter. Cook till slightly charred.
- Add oxtails and top with cooked vegetables, red wine, water, cloves and 3T salt.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake in a 500 degree oven for 4 1/2 hours.
- Remove from oven and pull meat from bones.
To assemble the sandwich, use 1/4 cup of each of the following:
- red bell peppers
- green bell peppers
- yellow onions
Add those ingredients to 1/2 cup of pulled oxtail onto your favorite hoagie roll.
- In a medium saute pan, add 1 t butter, and saute all vegetables until soft.
- Season lightly with salt.
- Add oxtails and warm through.
- Split hoagie roll and add oxtail filling.
- Top with sliced provolone and melt. Enjoy.