Easter coconut flan
Chef Lee White, D-Leecious Bites
- Vegetable Oil Cooking Spay
- 1 cup Cajeta or Caramel Sauce, at room temperature (store bought is OK)
- 3 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 6 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 10-cup Bundt or tube pan with vegetable oil cooking spray.
- Drizzle the cajeta into the prepared pan, turning to coat the bottom and sides.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the milk, eggs, vanilla extract and salt.
- Pour mixture in the pan and place pan in a large roasting pan. Fill the roasting pan with enough water to come halfway up the sides and cover with foil.
- Bake until the center jiggles slightly when the pan is moved, about 1 hour and 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Refrigerate, covered for 3 hours or overnight.
- Turn the flan out onto a platter, sprinkle with toasted coconut and serve.