HOUSTON (FOX 26) - Mrs. Sallie Creuzot and her son, Percy “King” Creuzot, describe their restaurant's legacy in the historic Third Ward of Houston during a visit from FOX 26 News segment contributor Cleverley Stone. For almost fifty years, the Creuzot family has provided fried chicken, collard greens, cornbread, sweet potato pie and more to loyal customers. Sallie and Percy share news of a planned move to a new location, scheduled for late 2018, as well as their prized fried chicken recipe.
Frenchy's Fried Chicken
- One whole chicken, cut into pieces, leave skin on
- Soybean oil for frying
- 1 gallon of whole milk
- 1 cup water
- All purpose flour for dredging
- your favorite spices & seasonings
(Cleverley asked for their secret seasoning recipe but they would not part with that.)
- Combine milk and water in a bowl. Dip chicken into mixture.
- Combine flour with your favorite seasonings. Dip chicken into flour mixture and coat well. Shake off any excess flour that may stick to the chicken.
- Fry chicken in soy bean oil for approximately 11 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oil and let excess oil drain off before serving.