A dinner, lunch and weekend brunch destination, Eloise Nichols Grill & Liquors opened on Oct. 10 on Mid Lane near Westheimer Road. With help from owner Nick Adair and FOX 26 News contributor Cleverley Stone, executive chef Joseph Stayshich demonstrates how to prepare the Adair family's signature dish, chicken & dumplings made with chicken confit, baby carrots, mushrooms, wheat gnocchi and rosemary.
Eloise Nichols Chicken & Dumplings
Ricotta gnocchi ingredients
- Ricotta Cheese
- 1# AP Flour
- .25# Wheat Flour
- .25# Nutmeg
- .25 tsp
- Eggs 3 ea
- Parmesan cheese 1.5 oz
- Garlic Powder .5 tsp
- Season to taste with salt and pepper
- Mix all ingredients together until just mixed.
- Roll into carrot sized cylinders and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Cook in boiling water until just cooked through. Reserve to use in recipe.
- Onions 1# small diced
- Carrots .5# small diced
- Celery .5# small diced
- Toss mirepoix in oil with a small amount of salt and pepper.
- Roast until well caramelized. Reserve to use in recipe.
- Boneless-Skinless Chicken Thigh 2#
- Salt .25 oz
- Pepper .10 oz
- Thyme .25 oz
- Garlic Clove 1 oz
- Bay Leaf 2 ea
- Canola Oil 16oz
- Salt and Pepper the chicken and let marinate for an hour.
- Place all ingredients in a deep pan and submerge in oil.
- Cook at 300* for 1.5-2 hours.
- Let cool to room temp, remove from oil and pull chicken into chunks. Reserve to use in recipe.
- Milk 1.25 heated on stove
- Flour 2.5 oz
- Butter 2.5 oz
- Nutmeg pinch
- In a large sauce pot, heat butter to melt.
- Add flour to create a roux and cook over med heat for 3 minutes.
- Add milk and cook until thickened. Add nutmeg. Reserve to use in recipe.
To prepare one chicken and dumpling dish:
- 10 pc gnocchi
- 1 oz chopped mushroom
- 2 oz mirepoix
- 5 oz chicken confit
- 8 oz Bechamel
- Chopped Herbs (parsley, oregano, thyme)
- In a saute pan, sear the gnocchi in oil until well browned.
- Add mushrooms and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add mirepoix and chicken, mix well.
- Add the béchamel and cook down slightly, season to taste.
- Finish with herbs.