HOUSTON (FOX 26) - Opened in November 2015, Scrappy Brown’s is a neighborhood-friendly gastro pub serving the Houston Museum District and Texas Medical Center. Comfort food and craft cocktails with a Texas twist are served in a relaxed laid-back atmosphere. Guests can watch their favorite sports teams while enjoying dishes like gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches, burgers, homemade potato chips and more. Fans of Lucille's restaurant and its owner/chef Chris Williams, will want to visit Scrappy Brown’s, his second restaurant in Houston.
Fried chicken grilled cheese sandwich
- 2 lbs Raw Chicken Tenders
- 1c Buttermilk
- 3c AP Flour
- 1c Franks Red Hot Sauce
- Salt to taste
- Ciabatta Loaf
- Peanut oil for frying
- Your favorite Cole slaw
- Marinate chicken in buttermilk with hot sauce overnight in refrigerator.
- Dip chicken tenders in Buttermilk then in flour.
- Add to 350 degree peanut oil and cook for 4 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, toast the ciabatta bread in a large saute pan with butter.
- Flip over and start to assemble sandwich in the sauté pan.
- Slather your favorite mayo on both sides, top with cheddar, blue cheese and provolone.
- Top with a crunchy, vinegary coleslaw and the fried chicken tenders.
- Pour on some hot sauce and close the sandwich.
- Flip sandwich over and continue to grill until cheese is melted.
- Cut in half and enjoy.