HOUSTON (FOX 26) - Back to school means schedules are about to get really hectic. The Nutrition Mom, Stephanie Merchant, stopped by FOX 26 Morning News Weekends to share one of her favorite 20-minute dinners.
Pina Colada Chicken (serves four people)
- 2 pounds organic chicken thighs, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut cream
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp coconut aminos
- Place all ingredients into your Insta Pot, close lid, press chicken/poultry button (this will automatically set for 15-20 minutes)
- When cooked and pressure released naturally, carefully open lid, stir and serve.
- Optional – You can make the sauce thicker by adding a a tsp of arrowroot with a Tbsp of water. Hit the saute button and cook until it thickens to your preference.
- I like to serve this dish on top of warmed broccoli slaw for a light and crunchy meal. You can also add it to a bed of salad or mix with quinoa, rice or pasta.