HOUSTON (FOX 26) - Apple fritters
Francis Reznick, Rustika Cafe and Bakery owner
- 1 quart of oil for frying
- 1-1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2/3 cups of whole milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 cup of Rustika's special spices (a mixture of cinnamon and other spices will be a substantial substitute)
- 3 cups of Granny Smith apples, cored and chopped
Preparation and cooking
- Heat the quart of oil.
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and Rustika's special spices or your choice of spices.
- Add in milk, eggs, and a tablespoon of oil.
- Add in the apples at the end and make sure they are covered with the seasoned mixture.
- Drop a spoonful sized amount into the frying oil until golden brown and repeat on the other side.
- Drain excess oil with a paper and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.