HOUSTON (FOX 26) - Authentic Italian Tiramisu
Chef Matteo Allesandri, Rossini Caffe Italiano
- 6 eggs
- 120 g sugar
- 500 g mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup espresso
- Cocoa powder as needed
- 400 g ladyfingers
- Separate the egg yolks from the egg whites.
- Whisk the egg whites with half of the sugar.
- In another bowl mix the egg yolks with the rest of the sugar and the mascarpone cheese.
- Combine the two mixes using a wooden spoon.
- Put the mix in a pastry bag.
- Start layering: one espresso-soaked ladyfinger, about 1 inch of cream, cocoa powder and so on.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and enjoy.
Note: Because of the raw eggs in the pastry cream, this dish must be refrigerated and consumed within one day.