PEARLAND, Texas (FOX 26) - Sauerkraut, King's Biergarten & Restaurant
- 5 cups of sauerkraut (your choice of can, jar or fresh)
- 1/3 cup white wine (chardonnay)
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 cup bacon (chopped)
- 1 cup yellow onions (chopped)
- ½ tsp. Sugar
- ½ tbsp. Chicken base
- ½ tsp. Black pepper
- Place the sauerkraut in a strainer and wash the sauerkraut well. The less sour you want the sauerkraut the longer you need to rinse.
- Heat up a deep pan and add the following ingredients:
1 tbsp. oil
1 cup bacon (brown the bacon very well)
- Add 1 cup of onions (make sure to cook the onions until they are soft)
- Add the 1/3 cup of wine and stir until simmer.
- In a blender, add the following ingredients and blend for around 30 seconds and add it in the pan and stir until it simmers:
- 2 oz. water
- ½ tsp. sugar
- ½ tbsp. chicken base
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- Add the sauerkraut and mix it all together and cook until tender.